Sunday, January 9, 2011

Love/Hate relationship with carbs and sugar

In honor of the new year, I thought I might touch upon one of my goals: Weightloss. Not because I want to give the world an update and say "Look at me! Look at me!". No, no. It's mostly because I had a horrible day and like any good dieter I want to tell someone about it for moral support or whatever. My hope is that I'll be so ashamed of myself that I won't do it again. In case you missed it, I am in the process of working off the last 15 pounds of "baby weight", or as I often call it "lazy weight", so that I can fit into my old spring wardrobe. To my surprise, and after much squealing on the scale, I am happy to say that I am on my way!

Well, uh, I was anyway...

With a TON of willpower I have been eating a fairly healthy diet and was able to successfully cut back on my calorie intake. Both of which have surely helped me get to this point. Don't get me wrong, by no means am I close to the finish line. I'm more like at mid-point, and boy did I have a halftime feast today!

Here was my entire meal menu (cringing):

Breakfast: pizza
Snack: cake
Lunch: pizza
Dinner: pizza and cake WITH a scoop of ice cream
Snack: Sour patch kids

In case you were wondering, I am currently in a sugar and carb stupor and am surprised as hell that I am even able to type right now. I almost wish I was passed out on the kitchen floor lying in my own puddle of drool - it'd make for a much more motivating wake-up call. God, who eats like that? Obese people don't even eat like that! Do they? Wait, don't tell me. It'll just make it worse. I swear I told myself after each meal today "THAT'S IT! ENOUGH ALREADY!" and then when I got to the fridge and had to reach over the pizza for the Activia yogurt... well, my hand just did this funny thing and grabbed a slice of good ol' italian pie instead. After the second slice of pizza I reasoned with myself that since I'd jumped off the deep end so badly, I might as well ride out the rest of this carb explosion and finish the day off with a bang. Now here I sit, sick and ashamed feeling like a SLUG.
I know it's not the end of the world and I will get back on track tomorrow. Perhaps we all need a day like this to remind us of how terrible that crap makes our bodies feel? Who knows. What I DO know is that I just had to unbutton the top button of my newly loose pants and that AIN'T a good thing!
Good luck to all of you who are working on the same or maintaining... it's a sucky ride but I hear the ending is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment