Thursday, December 15, 2011

No teeth and a mohawk

There is so much to catch up on. First, let me start by saying that everything is going to be completely out of order for a bit. I'm literally remembering the year through pictures on my phone. Don't judge. You know you do it too.

As if I have to explain, this pic says it all:



So now I am that mom. The mom who sends her kid to school each day with a mohawk. I like to think of myself as "edgy". (Stifling laughter right now) I certainly feel that way when we are around those of the older crowd. They look at my son with his adorable strip of hair going down the middle of his head and I swear I can hear them whispering "Tsk Tsk". It's HAIR people. It grows. And it's not hurting anyone. So who the heck cares?

As if this wasn't adorable enough, he is also sporting nothing but gums where two very large front teeth used to be. Every time he smiles at me all I can think in my head is "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth... my two front teeth... my two front teeth. All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth - So I can wish you "Mwerry Chwistmas!" Now, try and get THAT out of your head.

Aside from physical changes, Riley won first place in the Science Fair at school. It was all about worms. Go figure. And I'm pretty positive that I was the only mom at the awards ceremony that inappropriately jumped up and yelled "WOOHOO!" with tears running down my face as they announced it. Hey, meds don't work THAT well guys. I still have my moments.

I'd never been so proud of both my son and those precious disgusting worms in all my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment