Thursday, December 15, 2011

Little but FIERCE

Natalie Kate.

Or as her big sis likes to call her: Natalie CAKE. A loud emphasis on the "cake" because Olivia is quite literally always yelling her name like she's big momma around these parts and bossing her from here to Sunday. Much to big sis' dismay, however, Natalie Cake has learned the art of ignoring her.

What can I say about Natalie these days? How about this...

One minute our dear Natalie is a sweet pony-tailed lady:



And a minute later she has the personality of a NINJA:



I always thought I knew what temper tantrums were. Now all I want to say is HOLY JESUS, why didn't someone warn me? Need to pee before you turn on Strawberry Shortcake? Sorry. Let it run down your leg. This 2 year old isn't taking "Just a second" for an answer. Thinking you need to cough because there is a tickle in your throat? Be sure to ask the two year old which direction to cough in first. If you cough left and she says right... let's just say there is hell to pay. Hell that involves slamming her head into the ground, violent thrashing of her tiny 25 pound body with arms flailing wildly and a horrific shriek to boot. Oh, and don't you even DARE to try and console her. Nuh-uh. It just gets worse and then she tries to claw your eyes out as you pick her up.

Despite all that, I can't get enough of this girl. Literally. I scoop her up anytime she'll let me and breathe her in as deeply as possible. And for this I know I am in trouble. Earlier this week she was mad at me because I couldn't get her backpack on her as fast as she would like. In response to my apparent slowness, Nats ripped the backpack from my hands and proceeded to slam me over the head with it. This might sound strange but it was so cute that I literally had to stifle and hide my laughter. Thank goodness my husband was doing the same. Otherwise I think they might have admitted me to the looney bin.

Not saying they shouldn't... I will absolutely pay for my lack of disciplining her in times like these. I FEAR teenage-hood with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment