Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ode to Summer

So...it's sort of been awhile since I last wrote. Instead of boring you all with the nitty gritty details of the last several months, I thought I would just sum it all up with a homemade tune. This is based on the "My Favorite Things" song sung by Julie Andrews from the Sound of Music.

Raindrops on noses and tormenting kittens,

Bright sunny days and some sunblock that glistens.

Brown soggy diapers that leak and then cling,

These are a few of my favorite things.

Cream colored faces with dirt by the oodles,

Door slams and s'more grahams and crayons for doodles.

Wild child that screams with the G-force of their swing,

These are a few of my favorite things.

Girls in play dresses and gnarly head bashes,

Mud streaks that smear on my nose and bug rashes.

Big sticky donuts they squish and then fling,

These are a few of my favorite things.

When the kids bite, when they throw things,

When I'm feeling mad,

I simply envision myself on a beach

and then I don't feel so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment