Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Vegan-ese

I have to laugh. My last blog was about being on the South Beach diet which centers around meals rich in animal protein. At the time, I was convinced that it was the answer to my prayers on weight loss. Little did I know that a few short months later I would be sitting here telling you that not only have I given up meat completely, but I'm a bona-fide vegan.
For those who are not familiar with the vegan lifestyle, this means I do not eat anything that is or comes from an animal. Although I'm a little more limited on my food choices - and honestly still trying to get past the mindset of centering dinner around a cut of beef - I have realized that this is what I need to do because fad diets are not the long-term answer. I need a lifestyle change. I won't preach about all of the health benefits from eating mostly plant-based foods. To each his own, I always say. I'm just happy that I've finally found the true way to get my energy level back to normal and it doesn't hurt that I'm doing my body a world of good in the meantime. Yay vegans!

No comments:

Post a Comment